Why Use A Travel Advisor?
2. KNOWLEDGE. The internet has information but how do you decipher what is good in general and good for you. A great advisor can validate your own research, and offer insightful recommendations to tailor each trip to your preferences, interests, and budget. The experience and expertise of a travel advisor ensures that clients will have a superlative travel experience designed to meet their specific needs. They provide ideas you can’t find anywhere else as well as VIP access to special experiences that aren’t readily available. We travel the world scouting and discovering to develop knowledge of specific destinations, specialties and skill.
3. VALUE. A travel advisor has access to the same (and often better) pricing than available online, and can secure VIP benefits, amenities, access, and extras that you can’t get on your own. To quote Warren Buffet, “Price is what you pay; value is what you get.” Our clients rely on us as an advisor to make travel planning more efficient and enjoyable, to save time and money, and to lend expertise that makes a world of difference. We work on your behalf before, during, and after every trip. That’s peace of mind you can bank on.
4. PEACE OF MIND. Like a valued investment manager, Virtuoso travel advisors are entrusted with managing the most precious of assets – a client’s leisure time. Working with an expert who knows a client’s preferences and the best options for the desired vacation eliminates risk and results in exceptional experiences. The advisor is the client’s partner in planning and booking these treasured travel experiences. Clients can rely on their travel advisor before, during, and after every trip.
Who Are Your Typical Clients?
You are a discerning traveler, a lifestyle enthusiast, a busy professional, a cultural explorer – you are simply an individual who has the distinct palette for amazing travel and lifestyle experiences. You are a person who invests in yourself and your environment and understands the value of having a professional resource for things that matter. You are intelligent, motivated, social and have worked hard - so your free time is extremely valuable. Travel for you is an opportunity to enjoy, relax, discover, rejuvenate or escape. Your lifestyle experiences are ones that you treasure and want to be memorable.
What Is Virtuoso?
Virtuoso is the leading by-invitation only global network of luxury travel advisors, hotels, tours cruise lines and agencies specializing in experiential travel. As a proud member of this diverse professional organization, we have access to a carefully curated collection of offers and exclusive access into some of the world’s most bespoke experiences. We can offer our clients perks, prices, and value they can’t get anywhere else.
I Like Planning On My Own - How Can You Help?
We definitely aren't a fit for everyone. If using Expedia and other online booking platforms is your joy and scouring the internet for hours gets you going then we are probably not for you. However as proven by the recent global pandemic these online sites left many travelers stranded and out of pocket financially.
Travel Agent Vs. Travel Advisor?
Travel agents are order-takers who perform transactions that their customers request. They book a hotel, flight or rental car, much like the sort of simple bookings people handle themselves online.
What Is Luxury Travel?
- Authentic experiences that enrich travelers’ lives, such as taking part in a cultural tradition with locals.
- An itinerary tailored precisely to the needs and wants of the traveler.
- VIP access to rare privileges, such as backstage access at a sold-out show.
- Discovering an emerging or little-visited destination, including space.
- Exceptional value for the price, which could include extras such as credits and airport transfers.
- Products and services that provide a superior experience, including first-class or business-class air travel, five-star hotels, luxury cruises on upscale lines, and exclusive-use travel such as private jets, yachts and villas.
I Usually Book Through AmEx or Directly....What Is Benefit Using You?
Booking hotels through us ensures that you are not just treated as another guests but as a VIP. Our special partnerships and personal relationships with hotels and general managers around the globe allow us to deliver exceptional experiences for our clients that they simply can't receive on their own.
Service & Fees
What Is A Typical Trip Budget?
Every trip we design is unique and customized to client's interest to deliver the best experience. Therefore budgets may vary greatly. We are here to work with you to maximize the best return on your investment. We will discuss an itinerary and budget range that fits your exact travel style and closely consult and advise you on the best options. Pricing can vary depending on time of year, availability and destination.
We specializes in high-end travel and work primarily with five-star hotels & resorts as well as equivalent boutique properties, villas, and safari camps. We do have a limited list of 4-star properties that meet exceptional standards that we recommend based on destination and client interest. Full service trip itineraries generally begin around $850 per person, per day (excluding flights).
Our Virtuoso Wanderlist® product is an excellent way map out your travel dreams and forecast costs for your travels over the upcoming years so that you can plan a lifetime of memories. Learn more here.
Why Do You Charge Fees?
LaVon Travel & Lifestyle is a luxury travel consultancy, thus as with any other professional service we do charge fees for our expertise and time. If you consider travel as an investment in your leisure time and life then you will find tremendous value in working with the professional services of LaVon Travel & Lifestyle and their team of exquisite advisors.
Fees ensure our commitment to designing the best experiences for your particular goals. Clients receive the value of our time, knowledge, expertise, worldwide contacts, and exclusive access they simply can not be achieved on their own.
Cancellation Policy & Fees
We make every effort to ensure your travel experience is exquisite - and we leverage an extensive network of partner, affiliate and personal relationships to achieve this for you. Significant time and effort goes into designing and managing your travels, however we understand that circumstances change and it may become necessary to cancel your travel plans - this is why we highly recommend protecting your trip investment with an insurance policy. You may be able to add this fee to your claim for potential reimbursement. You will receive a copy of the cancellation receipt to include with your claim documents.
All trips are subject to a cancellation fee in amount of 15% of the total trip costs that has been booked. This fee may be waived at the discretion of our team based on circumstances. Cancellation fees cover our time spent thus far servicing your request and compensation for any potential loss of revenue due to our partner relationships. All service fees are non refundable and non transferable.
Custom Trip Design
By Invitation: VIP Client Service
For the discerning traveler who desires a holistic, highly bespoke travel and lifestyle service.
All trip service fees
Unlimited travel requests for you and immediate family members
Personalized travel portfolio curation through Wanderlist
VIP upgrades and amenities at top luxury properties around the world
Weekend and short getaway planning
Unlimited custom trip designs
Personal concierge services
Unlimited air requests and waived booking fees
Advanced access to exclusive trip experiences
Hotel, Villa, Cruise & Rail
We do not charge a fee for a simple singular hotel bookings where you know the exact property or cruise sailing you wish to experience, yet would like to access our exclusive partner benefits and amenities. This includes any exclusive promotions that may exist and is not available to the general public. Need some inspiration? Check out the full portfolio of our Virtuoso and Preferred Partner properties.
Need a little help deciding the best fit? A $200 research, quoting and service fee will provide a detailed proposal including up to four property options. We will then book and manage all details on your behalf, applying any VIP benefits.
Looking for something a bit more private? We have an amazing network of villa partners around the world, with exclusive access to private listings. We do not work with rental websites such as VRBO or Airbnb and only use accredited partners who fully vet, visit and maintain properties for quality control. There is no fee for villa quotes, however any additional travel services beyond villa services are subject to a fee.
LaVon Travel & Lifestyle has access to a private air desk and team that maintains contracts with every major airline - allowing for best in class airfares. We provide competitive net fares on business and first class international flights. Our contracts and relationships with all major airlines insure that you are accessing the best fares at all times and exclusive promotions not available to the general public. All air ticketing services include access to our private 24/7 air support should any issues arise.
Travel Concierge Service
Have you booked your trip already but would like assistance with restaurant recommendations/bookings, theater tickets, exclusive experiences, tee times or private tours? Allow us to leverage or extensive global network and private contacts to enhance your holiday.